DRAWING AND PAINTING
DRAWING AND PAINTING
- 1 year (2 academic semesters)
- Florence course starting date
- Florence application deadline
- July (subject to availability)
The Drawing and Painting course offers a year of study culminating in a professional certificate from the institute.
This course helps students to develop their individual creative abilities, exploring various artistic languages and techniques
Students are assisted by art school instructors on an individual level in order to potentialize their expressive and technical capacities. Students will experiment with new materials and instruments which will be used along side the more traditional methods and materials. The course will be held in the artistic laboratory of the Accademia Italiana (art school) and includes lessons of life drawing and nude drawing, of various color and graphic techniques, of experimental materials and of various theoretical and historic disciplines. The program will involve a series of experiences where the student is called upon to give an active contribution in a process of continuous exploration of his or her own artistic individuality.
This art course is an artistic adventure, to be lived in the historic center of Florence, in direct contact with the great works of art, in an atmosphere unequaled in all the world.
- Mastery of drawing techniques
- Color management
- Researching new forms of expression
- Setting up compositions
- Study of figurative and abstract trends
- Guided visits to museums and art collections in Florence
- Guided visits and study days focusing on the great masters
This program is open to both beginners and advanced levels thus do not require an admission exam.
Documents required to apply for enrollment include:
- completed application form
- signed copy of school regulations
- copy of passport or identification card
- receipt for the enrollment fee
- Enrolment fee: 1.500 Euro
- Tuition fee: 7.700 Euro (payable in two instalments)
Payment plans in installments available upon request (extra charge applies).
- Life Drawing I
- Painting Techniques I
- Sketching Florence
- Theory and History of Art I
- Life Drawing II
- Painting Techniques II
- Theory and History of Art II
20 lesson hours a week approximately